Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Social Networking
Social Media has escalated quickly, years ago there use to be just AOL messenger and Myspace, now there are thousands of different messaging and media sites that can be accessed from any form of technology. Sharing information online is as easy as typing a message and clicking a button to post your information. There are things that anyone should think about before they post in social media like, who is my target audience for this post, what response am I looking for from this post, is my spelling correct, is it appropriate for all my followers, will everyone understand what im saying, is it something I want to share and will I look bad later on after I post it, these are just a few things to think about when your about to post a status, tweet, or caption for a picture. There are also common rules that should be followed when it comes to social networking, like keeping personal conversations private, too many times I see full blown conversations taking place under someones new profile picture. No one wants to see all that so do social media a favor, and text the individual. Another issue that happens a lot on media, is the use of bad language, I have family on my social media accounts and Facebook is the main site that my family can see my information. If I am tagged in a picture and the caption is something that is going to make my grandma mad, then please refrain from tagging me in that post. Another issue is one with twitter, there are two different types of users on twitter, the ones who post once in every blue moon and then there are the ones that post every 2 minutes.
Over the semester we have had to create different products that help us show we understand the information being presented on certain topics. Creating the different products has helped me to better understand digital citizenship, it did so by the guidelines we had to follow, we needed to make sure that our posts were relevant to the topic at hand, we had to make sure that we thought about our target audience and what we wanted them to get out of the project we made, and we wanted to make sure that the information was short and to the point and that it was easy to understand. This is similar to digital citizenship because you constantly have to think about the information you are trying to present and if it is relevant and if there are any rules/guidelines, are you following them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment